Kicking Horse and Panorama
Do those pre-ski trip squats and get ready to say “Wow” at every turn: You’re going to very big mountains with jaw-dropping scenery, champagne powder, days of roomy intermediate cruising, and awesome expert challenges. Located in the majestic Purcells, Kicking Horse (3,500 skiable acres) and Panorama (nearly 3,000 skiable acres) each deliver a continuous vertical rise of more than 4,200 feet (greater than any ski area in the USA), with spacious alpine bowls, well-groomed boulevards, double diamond adventure, and a mix of contemporary condo-hotels and big mountain homes at the base. At both mountains, guided heli-ski operations depart steps from the lifts, flying skiers and boarders to untracked powder in the surrounding big mountain wilds.
Go Deeper: Ski Kicking Horse and Panorama in One Trip
- Airport: Canadian Rockies International (YXC) in Cranbrook, BC
- First Stop: Panorama
- Bonus: Add small group heli-skiing with RK Heliski onto your Panorama experience. Book well ahead.
- Second Stop: Kicking Horse
- Bonus: Add boutique heli-skiing with CMH Purcell onto your Kicking Horse experience. Book as far as one year ahead.
- Total Driving: 580 km / 360 miles (~6.75 total hours)