Aerial view of Clayoquot Sound

(Destination BC/Hubert Kang)

Key Travel Info

US Passport Information

June 1, 2009, the U.S. government implemented the full requirements of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative, including land, sea and air access. U.S. citizens 16 years of age or older entering the United States at all ports of entry must have a passport, passport card, or other travel document approved by the Department of Homeland Security.

More infomation on the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative.

Requirements for Children

U.S. citizen children under the age of 16 are able to present the original or copy of their birth certificate, or other proof of U.S. citizenship such as a naturalization certificate or citizenship card.

How to Apply for a U.S. Passport

For detailed information about obtaining or renewing your U.S. passport, visit the U.S. Department of State, Passport Services Office website, or access U.S. passport application services from the United States Postal Service.

NEXUS Program

NEXUS membership fulfills the travel document requirements of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative. The NEXUS program is limited to citizens of Canada and the United States, lawful permanent residents of the United States and permanent residents of Canada. For information on how to apply visit: www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/trusted_traveler/nexus_prog/.

For more information visit the U.S. Department of State website.

Key Travel Info