1) Avoid sailing waits during busy periods
- Book in advance to guarantee travel on the sailing of your choosing.
- Reservations are strongly recommended on the following routes: Vancouver (Tsawwassen) – Victoria (Swartz Bay), Vancouver (Horseshoe Bay) – Nanaimo (Departure Bay) and Horseshoe Bay to Langdale (Sunshine Coast)
- If reservations are sold out, travel at less busy times—during the week on early morning and late evening sailings.
- Stay up to date with the latest information on your day of travel. Check current conditions, service notices, and more by following @BCFerries on Twitter.
- Arrive at the terminal 60 minutes before your scheduled departure if you have a vehicle booking, and at least 45 minutes before your scheduled departure if you have a foot passenger booking.
- Have your booking reference number ready at the ticket booth and tap to pay for faster check-in.
- During peak travel times, check parking availability at major terminals by visiting current conditions.