July 11, 2011 | Tips from Travellers >
Smithers, Car / Truck / Motorcycle
10 fun summer things to do in Smithers:
1. Twin Falls Recreation Site! This 20min walk is just 10km from Smithers and wont leave you disappointed
2. Scenic Main Street! Check out our main street lined with colorful flags, colorful shops and even more colorful people.
3. Driftwood Canyon! This short 300m walk leads you to a viewing platform from which you can see our famous Fossil Beds
4. The Perimeter Trail! This 12.5km walk around town will show you a glimpse of all that Smithers has to offer.
5. Fishing! Smithers is known for its fishing; come check out any one of our many great fishing destinations.
6. Scenic/Wildlife Drives! If your looking to see wildlife or even just to see some great scenery Smithers is the place to come; with our many back roads that are easily accessible with even anything between a motor home and a compact car you’ll have no problem seeing the sights
7. Water Sports! From white water rafting and wake boarding to kayaking and paddle boating we’ve got you covered; with many water sport rental and retail stores in Smithers we can assist you in what ever your water needs may be.
8. Babine Mountains! For the longer hikes we also have the Babine Mountains with trails ranging from 4km all the way to 13km. A guaranteed wild life destination.
9. Farmers Market! If you’re here on a Saturday and interested in locally grown food and even more locally grown stories this is your place to be, with live music and horse rides it’s never a dull moment.
10. Stick around and stay a while! We love having you and you’ll love being here!
For more information on what Smithers has to offer, come by the Smithers Information Center or give us a call at 250-847-5072. We’ll be happy to help you with any further questions you may have.