July 27, 2010 | Tips from Travellers >
Burnaby, Kayaking & Canoeing
Find more information about Burnaby - Kayaking & Canoeing
View a larger image on flickr.com
Who knew? Renting a boat at Deer Lake
is really, really AWESOME! If I hadn't a reason to go, this local
would've scoffed at the suggestion of spending a prized Saturday
afternoon at lake buttressed by major traffic congestion routes.
SCOFFED! And I would have been wrong.
Here's what great about
renting a boat at Deer
- Deer Lake is big. Big enough for a couple of hours tootling around it.
Though it's off Hwy 1 and Canada Way (yuck), all you can see are
mountains, greenery and the lake.
- They rent rowboats, kayaks, canoes and peddle boats for 1-4 people. Huge
- The staff are extremely proactive, friendly and
- In just 20 mins from downtown, you can feel like
you're at an imaginary friend's lakeside cabin, dragging your toes in
their water, sunning yourself caring only for how much humous and goat
cheese is left.
- It's serene, pretty and easy (who doesn't like
that combo?) rejuvenating one's passion for living in this magical place.