Former girls school & convent, St. Ann's Academy National Historic site is located just 1 block from the Inner Harbour. St. Ann's features 2.5 ha (6.25 ac) of restored grounds & historic interiors featuring the 1858 restored chapel, Victoria's original Catholic cathedral. Self-guided tours available in Interpretive Centre. Restored grounds are open dawn to dusk daily; great for a break from shopping with the kids & the dog. Bilingual outdoor interpretive signage new in 2012. Seasonal programing for Christmas and temporary exhibits annually.